Andrew M. McNeil
Andrew McNeil is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. As a partner in the Labor and Employment, Litigation and Appellate Groups, Andrew concentrates his practice on litigating and trying business disputes of all shapes and sizes, with a primary focus on non-competes, trade secrets, business torts, and contract cases. He has tried numerous cases in front of federal and state juries and judges, as well as arbitrators and administrative law judges. His ligation experience also includes environmental cost recovery matters, antitrust, wage and hour class and collective actions, ERISA matters, franchise disputes, insurance coverage, and employment discrimination claims. He is admitted to practice in the Indiana state courts, the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth, Sixth, and Seventh Circuits, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and the Western District of Michigan.
University of Michigan (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
Taylor University (B.A. in history, summa cum laude, 1992)
Honors / Awards
Inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, Included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2017; Indiana Super Lawyers® 2008-2017 (Business Litigation); AV® Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell; NAIA Track & Field Scholar Athlete (1991); competitor in the marathon at national track meet (1991); NCAA Scholar Athlete – Cross Country (1991) and Track & Field (1992); team captain, cross country (1991), track and field (1992)
Representative Trial Experience:
- Lead trial counsel for former CEO of a regional grocery chain on breach of contract, fraud and ERISA claims brought by new owners of grocery chain in two-week jury trial;
- Lead trial counsel for home healthcare agency in religious discrimination pattern and practice, disparate treatment, and hostile environment claims brought by EEOC in two-week jury trial;
- Lead trial counsel for tissue bank and medical device distributor in trade secret and business tort case brought by a competitor in a seven-day jury trial;
- Lead plaintiff’s counsel for a food manufacturer in a trade secret and business tort case brought against former employees in a week-long jury trial;
- Lead plaintiff’s counsel for a medical device distributor in a case involving the breach of an earn-out provision in an asset purchase agreement against international medical device manufacturer in week-long bench trial;
- Lead trial counsel in various single-plaintiff Title VII, ADA and ADEA federal court jury trials;
- Lead trial counsel in numerous preliminary injunction hearings involving non-compete and trade secret claims; and
- Trial counsel assisting subject matter experts in eminent domain and annexation trials.
Appearances / Publications
Andrew frequently speaks at continuing legal education and human resource seminars on all aspects of the employment relationship.
Appointments / Memberships
Board of Directors, Indiana Federal Community Defenders; 1999 graduate of the Indiana Leadership Forum