Not-for-Profit Organizations and Foundations
Top Ranked in Non-Profit/Charities Law by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
We are privileged to serve as legal counsel to nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations, private foundations, public charities and charitable donors. The experience of our attorneys is enhanced by our participation as board members for a variety of local and national charitable and nonprofit organizations. We provide a wide range of legal services for not-for-profit organizations and foundations, including:
Establishment of all forms of not-for-profit organizations, such as:
- Public charities and private foundations under IRC §501(c)(3)
- Civic organizations and homeowners’ associations under IRC §501(c)(4))
- Corporations holding property for tax-exempt entities under IRC §501(c)(2)
- Labor, agricultural and horticultural organizations under IRC §501(c)(5)
- Professional, business and trade associations under IRC §501(c)(6)
- Social and recreational clubs under IRC §501(c)(7)
- Voluntary employees’ beneficiary associations (VEBAs) under IRC §501(c)(9)
- Preparation of Form 1023 and Form 1024 tax exempt applications for submission to the Internal Revenue Service
- Nonprofit board training on various topics, including board legal liability issues and conflict of interest transactions
- Consultation and representation on federal tax issues related to tax-exempt organizations, including executive compensation, the excess benefit rule and intermediate sanctions.
We take particular pride in our continuing involvement in all activities of several not-for-profits, as our clients regularly seek our guidance on routine operational matters (e.g. benefits/compensation, contracts, employment laws, fiduciary responsibilities, governance and real estate), as well as unique, complex issues.Not-for-Profits
« Back to Services