Recognized in Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
Our Environmental Law Group understands the difficulty of dealing with the continually changing requirements imposed by a growing number of frequently overlapping federal, state and local environmental agencies. An ill-advised decision, the wrong response to a regulatory inquiry or an adverse environmental judgment can make your business an endangered species.
We are staffed and experienced to provide a range of legal services to assist our clients in resolving environmental concerns. In the steady stream of regulations, we don’t just go with the flow; we advocate for regulatory reform when laws unnecessarily or arbitrarily stifle progress.
In addition to providing up-front legal consultation to help ensure compliance, we have represented clients in permitting and enforcement cases ranging from administrative agency actions throughout the entire court process. We also provide clients with guidance on Indiana’s unique laws that sometimes create a more favorable approach to property and business transactions.
Our attorneys and staff can serve as valuable resources in the following areas of environmental law:
- Property transfers and business transactions
- Advocacy for statutory and regulatory change
- Water issues, including NPDES permits, wastewater treatment, confined feeding operations, wetlands and floodway permits
- Air permits and enforcement, including Title V requirements
- Solid and hazardous waste issues, including RCRA, CERCLA, landfills, voluntary and involuntary remediation and brownfield incentives
- Green initiatives, including certification, sustainability, green remediation, energy management, clean technology and construction issues
- Underground storage tank issues
- Advice for defense in enforcement matters, including state and federal prosecutions
- OSHA compliance and EPCRA Community Right to Know issues
- Department of Natural Resources permitting and enforcement
- Expert witness services
- Health Department issues, including residential and commercial septic issues, radon, lead paint, infectious waste and regulatory compliance
We are resourceful. When appropriate, we’ll involve attorneys with experience in other practice areas. We represent our clients aggressively because, while we strongly support environmental responsibility, we vigorously oppose unnecessary regulations and broad sweeping interpretations that can put businesses out of business. And we provide these services while maintaining good relationships with our community and those in regulatory positions affecting businesses.
« Back to Services