Labor and Employment
Top Listed in Best Lawyers® in Indiana and Indianapolis for Workers’ Compensation Law.
Top Ranked in Employment Benefits (ERISA) Law, Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law Management, Immigration Law, Labor and Employment Litigation, Labor Law Management and Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
Today, employers face a confusing maze of federal, state and local laws governing their relationships with prospective, current and former employees. There are regulations about everything from hiring and firing to unique issues posed by FMLA, NLRA, FLSA and WARN, and we know the letter of the law. But, just as importantly, we know, how to apply that law to everyday business needs to help avoid problems and disputes.
Our attorneys don’t take an isolated, “ivory tower” approach. They get involved, representing clients’ interests from the floor of the factory to the floor of the courtroom and everywhere in-between. When workplace issues do arise, Bose McKinney & Evans provides advice designed to bring about a prompt and effective resolution and to minimize workplace disruption through the implementation of proactive employment strategies.
Our diverse experience includes
- Avoiding and defending discrimination, wrongful discharge and other employment-related charges and lawsuits
- Assisting with various union issues including union avoidance, unfair labor practice charges, collective bargaining and arbitration
- Representing clients before federal, state and local administrative agencies such as the EEOC, NLRB, DOL, OFCCP, OSHA and ICRC
- Drafting and enforcing trade secret agreements, covenants not to compete and other mechanisms to protect intellectual property and valuable goodwill
- Providing advice about the numerous other laws and regulations affecting employers, including affirmative action, wage / hour compliance, unemployment and compensation and military leave requirements
- Drafting and enforcing employment and severance agreements
- Developing and implementing personnel policies, employee handbooks, and retirement and health care benefit plans
- Counseling about employment decisions such as disciplinary issues, reasonable accommodations under the ADA, and preventing and addressing sexual harassment in the workplace
- Conducting in-house workshops to keep management current on recent legal developments and to sharpen supervisors’ skills in avoiding employment law problems
Large Fortune 500 companies and small, family-owned businesses benefit from our combination of sound legal advice and practical business insight.
This video update, is a service of Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, provides information on the issues that affect you and your organization. For more information about the materials presented, contact the attorney featured in this video, or contact an attorney in your state. The information in this video should not be construed as legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.
Attorneys & Professionals
317-684-5161 Office: Indianapolis