“How To” Navigate Changes in HR Policies and Procedures in a Tight Labor Market
Given the increasing competition for good workers in an economy that is presenting many more job options for applicants and employees seeking new opportunities, how can employers attract and retain talent through changes to their employment policies and procedures without making themselves vulnerable to the legal pitfalls of precedent and consistency? Relaxing the rules may have benefits in this competitive labor market, but at what cost? This program will focus on these issues and give attendees an opportunity through our roundtable discussions to exchange “best practice” information with their peers. Please plan on attending this next program in our popular “How To” series.
Program General Session and Roundtable Topics
- Rethinking “zero tolerance” policies with respect to positive drug and alcohol screens, criminal background checks, and sexual harassment
- How the NLRB is relaxing its grip on handbook policies in the non-union labor force and its potential impact on employee retention
- Holding on to good employees through enhanced non-competition, non-solicitation-of-customers, and non-solicitation-of-employees policies and agreements
- Legal utilization of and assistance to foreign workers
- Aggressive accommodation of disabilities, religion, and diversity in the workplace to attract and retain talented workers (roundtable topic only)
Thursday, September 27, 2018
Lunch and Session 1 Roundtables: 12-1pm
Session 2 Roundtables: 1-2pm
Roundtables and Lunch
After the general session, we will break into roundtable discussions in which attendees will be able to share their questions, practical concerns, and hands-on experience with their professional peers and our attorney/consultant moderators. Come prepared to ask questions about the issues you face and the trends you are seeing. Each attendee will have the opportunity to participate in two roundtable discussions.
$95 per person (includes lunch)
CLE: 4.6 General Hours
SHRM: 4.75 Hours
HRCI: 2.5 HR (General) Hours
Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel
11925 N. Meridian St.
Carmel, IN 46032