On April 15, 2020, Indiana State Department of Health issued “Guidance for Employers During the COVID-19 Response.” The guidance:
- Compiles a list of critical infrastructure sectors and seeks to help businesses identify workers exempt from the Indiana Executive Orders to Stay at Home;
- Provides public health management procedures for essential and non-essential critical infrastructure workers who have been exposed to COVID-19;
- Provides public health management procedures for essential critical infrastructure workers in the human healthcare sector who have been exposed to COVID-19;
- Explains who is at a higher risk and provides guidance on what went undefined in the Indiana Executive Order – citing 65 years of age and older as well as people with certain underlying medical conditions (including chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, serious heart conditions, immune compromise, severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease requiring dialysis and liver disease); and
- Provides additional guidance to businesses and employers on what they can do to prepare.
Read the Indian State Department of Health “Guidance for Employers During the COVID-19 Response.”