Indianapolis Bars and Nightclubs May Reopen Starting September 8, With Restrictions
Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett said bars and nightclubs can reopen with limited capacity starting Tuesday, September 8 as Marion County shows signs of improvement during the pandemic.
- Bars and nightclubs can reopen at 25% capacity indoors and 50% capacity outdoors.
- Customers must be seated at tables containing no more than six people.
- Bar seating will remain closed.
- No dancing or live entertainment will be allowed.
- Bars and nightclubs will have to close at midnight.
- Restaurants can open at 75% outdoor dining with social distancing and table service allowed in bar areas.
Marion County’s mask mandate will remain in place indefinitely.
Three violations for an establishment will lead to a closure for a minimum of 30 days, according to Dr. Virginia Caine with the Marion County Public Health Department.
If you have any questions, please contact the Bose McKinney & Evans Hospitality and Alcoholic Beverage Law team.