Our experience in the renewable and alternative energy field includes:
- Assisting clients with production and investment tax credits, state and federal grants, access to the transmission grid and renewable portfolio standards.
- Development and financing of active wind and solar farms and projects under construction.
- Extensive experience with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission proceedings, permitting and policies.
- Guaranteed energy savings contracts for schools and government entities in Indiana.
- Advocacy at the federal, state and local levels, including drafting federal and state legislation, presentations to government officials and drafting municipal ordinances.
- Customer-based energy production for large industrial and manufacturing facilities to help control and reduce production costs related to their use of gas and electricity.
As a full-service law firm, we can form a team of attorneys with the experience to represent you on complex energy-related matters, including the licensure, finance, tax and regulatory, contracts and deal structures, real estate, energy transmission access and infrastructure, technology, mergers and acquisitions, land use and environmental aspects of any project.
Our energy lawyers are among those listed in Best Lawyers in America®, Indiana Super Lawyers®, and the Indiana Lawyer Leadership in Law Awards publication. While we appreciate the recognition by other attorneys, we are most interested in creating value and driving results for our clients. We pride ourselves on staffing matters in a lean fashion; one lawyer where other firms use two, two lawyers where others use three or four.
Whether your issue is establishment of a portfolio of alternative energy sources or negotiating contracts for the purchase, sale or siting of alternative energy generation, our attorneys can help you with your business plan, your financing and your regulatory approvals.