Top Ranked in Trusts and Estates Law by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
Bose McKinney & Evans provides a full range of services designed to assist clients with the complicated and numerous responsibilities of administering an estate following a death.
Our attorneys and staff are efficient in assisting personal representatives in the formal administration of decedent’s estates and trusts in all Indiana counties. Our services include the following:
- Consultation concerning estate administration and trust administration
- Preparation of all necessary documents related to qualification of personal representatives or trustees and administration of the estate and trust
- Representation in all matters related to the estate or trust before the courts, the Internal Revenue Service and the Indiana Department of Revenue
- Consultation and assistance with regard to identification, collection and administration of estate and trust assets
- Consultation, preparation and filing of all death tax and fiduciary income tax returns required
- Representation in any audits related to the death tax and/or fiduciary income tax returns required
- Consultation and assistance in the proper distribution of estate and trust assets
- Preparation of any documents required to close the estate and/or trust.
In addition, we also regularly assist clients with non-probate asset transfers such as jointly owned assets, life insurance collection issues and retirement plan elections.