Top Ranked in Construction Law by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
Our Construction Group has built its reputation and a wealth of knowledge through diverse experience, representing developers and private owners, public entities, general contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, material suppliers and equipment lessors in all phases of the construction process.
Members of the Construction Group include architects and others who have worked in the field prior to becoming attorneys.
We advise clients on
- Pre-construction assistance, including financing, real estate acquisition and development, environmental concerns, zoning and permits
- Contract negotiation and drafting, including supplemental conditions to AIA documents
- Bidding, bid mistakes and bid protests, including the requirements of Indiana’s competitive bidding statutes
- Labor and employment issues, including picketing, remaining union-free, OSHA, safety, employee claims and handbooks, salting, ERISA, trade secrets, restrictive covenants, affirmative action, employment discrimination and negotiation/administration of collective bargaining agreements
- Scheduling and delay, including disruption, interference, acceleration and liquidated damages
- Changed and extra work, including differing site conditions and constructive and “cardinal” changes
- Payment, including mechanic’s liens, personal liability and stop work notices, public withholding laws and joint check agreements
- Defective and non-conforming work and materials, including express, implied and “special” warranties, rejection of work, and problems with plans, specifications and shop drawings
- Green construction initiatives, certification and compliance
- Termination, including project suspension or abandonment litigation, arbitration and mediation, including proceedings conducted by the American Arbitration Association
- Litigation, arbitration and mediation, including proceedings conducted by the American Arbitration Association
317-684-5185 Office: Indianapolis