The energy sources that fuel the world, both today and in the future, have taken center stage. As individuals and businesses consider the positive and negative impacts of traditional sources of fuel and new alternative energies, the dialogue amplifies.
For those companies supplying traditional energy, the need for improved processes and greater efficiencies are essential. For renewable energy businesses, the need for start-up and project financing, infrastructure and distribution channels are key.
No matter the types of energy source – ethanol, biodiesel or other biomass, wind, solar, fossil fuels, geothermal, nuclear, hydro-electric, lithium-ion, fusion or wave – the businesses generating, transferring or delivering them will encounter business, legal and regulatory issues.
Knowing the broad scope of these issues, the firm’s Energy Group is comprised of attorneys with experience in various areas of law, from corporate to administrative law, from real estate to intellectual property, and from legislative relations to tax.
The attorneys of Bose McKinney & Evans can assist with a variety of matters, including the following:
- Contracts, service agreements and negotiations
- Debt and equity finance
- Green initiatives, including certification, sustainability, energy management, clean technology and construction issues
- Energy efficiency and guaranteed energy savings contracts
- Project finance
- Regulatory compliance
- Issue spotting and governmental relations at the local, state and federal levels
- Interconnectivity and capacity rights
- Real and personal property tax, including negotiations with local assessors
- Land acquisition and zoning
- Grant applications
- Patents on technologies and processes
- Dispute resolution
- Anti-trust and market power
- Environmental permitting and environmental impact statements
- Rate increases, including representation before regulatory commissions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Creditors’ rights, bankruptcy and reorganization
- Management and disposal of hazardous waste
With expanding populations and burgeoning economies, the world’s need for energy will only increase. Our attorneys are eager to help energy businesses fulfill this important and growing need.