Food and Beverage
Top Ranked in Administrative / Regulatory Law by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
From the cultivation of crops and raising of livestock, through manufacturing, through distribution by wholesalers and retailers, to the ultimate arrival at a favorite restaurant or the family table, food and beverages play a vital role in the world economy, as well as the health and enjoyment of consumers.
Despite the constant presence of food and beverages, most people rarely stop to consider how it arrives in their hands. But those in the food and beverage industry understand the details involved in delivering quality products to consumers. The attorneys of Bose McKinney & Evans also understand the business, legal and regulatory nuances that impact the industry. The firm represents agri-businesses, including farms, wineries, wholesalers, seed companies, agricultural associations, and beef, pork and poultry processing operations; food manufacturers and processors; wholesale and distribution companies; importers; national and local grocery, convenience and retail stores; and restaurants, bars, hotels, caterers, casinos, and entertainment and recreation venues.
Bose McKinney & Evans has a distinctive niche in assisting clients with Indiana’s Alcohol & Tobacco Commission (ACT) permitting process. Our attorneys have represented retail stores, restaurants, night clubs, bars, golf courses, hotels, theaters and other businesses in the application process, hearings, transfers and appeals before the ATC and local zoning boards, the purchase of existing permits and the sale of their permits to others.
Additional areas in which the attorneys have assisted food and beverage industry clients include:
- Agreements and contracts
- Collections, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy issues
- Compliance consulting, including Indiana alcohol rules and regulations
- Contract disputes
- Employment disputes, including defense of EEOC complaints
- Financing of new entities, facilities and capital equipment
- Franchising, including offering circulars and deceptive franchise litigation
- Food safety, including health certificates for employees
- Immigration and seasonal workers’ permits
- Intellectual property rights, including concept and trade infringement and genetically modified products
- Lobbying and governmental relations through Bose Public Affairs Group
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Negligence claims
- Permit applications, hearings and appeals
- Real estate including site selection, financing, due diligence and sales of properties
- Sales of businesses and product lines
The goal of our attorneys is to help remove challenges and to capitalize on opportunities so that our clients (and their customers) can enjoy the fruits of their labor.