Telecommunications and Broadband
Top Ranked in Communications Law by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
The world of communications changes at a rapid, exciting pace. In the 20+ years since the enactment of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, competition has emerged; Americans have developed a growing dependence on internet access; and the majority of our citizens now live in wireless-only households. Our attorneys have been in the trenches of communication regulation, litigation and planning since the inception of the Act helping clients navigate rapid change.
Access to high-speed internet service is essential. We have assisted local Indiana communities and broadband providers in the deployment of fiber networks aimed at bringing Gigabyte speed fiber-to-the-premise service to citizens and businesses. Our work has included:
- Drafting Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information
- Assisting clients in identifying potential communications service provider partners
- Evaluating the broadband needs and pricing constructs for community fiber projects
- Negotiating contracts for fiber network deployment
- Advising clients on strategies to incentivize rapid fiber deployment
- Assisting clients in the financial and bonding aspects of community projects
Our attorneys have broad and deep experience with telecommunications issues, including:
- Communication Service Provider state certification and compliance
- Wireless tower negotiations
- Pole attachment disputes
- Carrier-to-Carrier disputes and interconnection agreement litigation
- Right-of-way and eminent domain
- Lifeline and Universal Service Fund regulation
- Intercarrier compensation
- Customer disputes
Our broadband and telecommunication attorneys were named as 2014 and 2016 Best Lawyers® Indianapolis Communication Lawyer of the Year; have held senior positions with the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission; represented several major national wireless and facilities-based carriers for decades; drafted telecommunication legislation and testified before the Indiana General Assembly; and have deep relationships across the communications industry.
317-684-5242 Office: Indianapolis