Brad M. Dick
Bradley Dick is a partner in the Litigation, Government Services, and Utilities groups of Bose McKinney & Evans. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Dick served as a judicial law clerk for Chief Justice Loretta H. Rush of the Indiana Supreme Court.
Mr. Dick represents individuals, businesses, and government entities in a variety of litigation matters, from contract disputes to defending clients accused of racketeering. For example, Mr. Dick successfully defended a municipality accused of breaching a more than $750,000,000 contract, obtaining a dismissal of all claims. Mr. Dick has represented clients before state courts throughout the state, federal district courts, the Indiana Court of Appeals, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Indiana Supreme Court.
Mr. Dick also represents government entities and utilities, serving as municipal counsel for cities and towns, responding to public records requests and related litigation, drafting ordinances and resolutions, and representing utilities in a wide range of matters.
University of Michigan Law School (J.D. magna cum laude, 2010)
Indiana University – Bloomington (B.A. in telecommunications, 2003)
Honors / Awards
Indiana Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars Edition (2018 – 2019; State, Local & Municipal)
- Highland TH, LLC v. City of Terre Haute, No. 2:15-cv-00196-JMS-DKL, 2016 WL 2866052 (S.D. Ind. May 17, 2016). Successfully defended the City of Terre Haute on claims relating to a more than $750,000,000 contract, obtaining a dismissal of all counts.
- Sheets v. Birky, 54 N.E.3d 1064 (Ind. Ct. App. 2016). Court of Appeals affirmed jury verdict in favor of client.
- Phillips v. Bank of Indiana, N.A., No. 2:13-CU-418-WTO-DHL, 2015 5043863 (S.D. Ind. Aug. 26, 2015). Obtained dismissal of claims against clients, who were former bank directors.
- GEO Finance, LLC v. University Square 2751, LLC, 105 F.Supp.3d 753 (E.D. Mich. 2015).
- Wagler v. West Boggs Sewer District, Inc., 29 N.E.3d 170 (Ind. Ct. App. 2014). Court of Appeals affirmed trial court order in favor of client, and Court of Appeals ordered opposing side to pay appellate attorneys’ fees.
Appearances / Publications
Presenter: “Standing to Sue Local Government” (Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association Municipal Law Seminar, June 2016).
Co-Author with Bryan H. Babb, Developments in Indiana Appellate Procedure, 49 Ind. L. Rev. 963 (2016).
Presenter: “Access to Public Records Act and Digital Communications” (Indiana Association of Cities and Towns Annual Conference, September 2015).
Co-Author with Bryan H. Babb, Developments in Indiana Appellate Procedure, 48 Ind. L. Rev. 1173 (2015).
Co-Author with Bryan H. Babb, Developments in Indiana Appellate Procedure, 47 Ind. L. Rev. 969 (2014).
Appointments / Memberships
Sagamore Inn of Court (2013-2014)
Indiana State Bar Association
Indianapolis Bar Association
Outside the Office
Mr. Dick enjoys spending time with his family, reading and running. He has completed eleven marathons, including the New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Cincinnati and Indianapolis Monumental marathons.