David Jurkiewicz is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group. David assists both borrower and creditor clients in connection with various collection, foreclosure, bankruptcy and appellate proceedings. David’s practice is concentrated on representing banks, credit unions and lending institutions in complex litigation, loan restructuring and real estate issues. He also represents businesses in investigations of employee theft and embezzlement, including advising on restitution and required reports. Prior to joining Bose McKinney & Evans, David was an associate with another law firm for six years, and before that he spent three years as counsel to the Office of the Chapter 13 Trustee, Indianapolis Division. He is a member of the Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations. David has been an author and speaker on a variety of bankruptcy issues. David also has served as an expert witness on bankruptcy and foreclosure issues.
Wayne State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 1990)
Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington (J.D., magna cum laude, 1994)
Honors / Awards
The Best Lawyers in America® 2011-2023; Indiana Super Lawyers® 2014-2020; Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rated; Indianapolis Bar Association 2012 Hall of Fame
•Perron on behalf of Jackson v. J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A., 845 F.3d 852, 7th Cir. (2017)
•Stoffel v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., 3 N.E.2d 548, Ind. App. (2014)
• Lunsford v. Deutsche Bank Trust Co. Americas as Trustee, 996 N.E.2d 815, Ind. App. (2013)
• Citimortgage, Inc. v. Barabas, 975 N.E.2d 805, Ind. App. (2012)
• Seleme v. JPMorgan Chase Bank, 982 N.E.2d 299, Ind. App. (2012)
• Ellis v. M & I Bank, 960 N.E. 2d 187, Ind. App. (2011)
• Crawford v. Countrywide Home Loans, Incorporated, 647 F.3d 642, C.A. 7 Ind. (2011)
• In re Turner, 574 F.3d 349, C.A. 7 Ind. (2009)
• In re Thompson Designs, Inc., 213 B.R. 725, Bkrtcy. S.D. Ind. (1997)
• Deutsche Bank Nat’l Trust Co. v. Mark Dill Plumbing Co., 908 N.E.2d 1273, Ind. App. (2009)
• Wind Dance Farm, Inc. v. Hughes Supply, Inc., 792 N.E.2d 79, Ind. App. (2003)
• Fifth Third Bank v. Comark, Inc., 794 N.E.2d 433, Ind. App. (2003)
Appearances / Publications
Speaker: In addition to conducting in-house training for clients and the Indiana Bankers Association, David regularly lectures on legal topics including “Dealing with Today’s Landlord-Tenant Issues and Mitigating Tomorrow’s Concerns” (Bose McKinney & Evans Landlord-Tenant Seminar, 2012); “Hot Topics in Bankruptcy & Commercial Law” (ISBA Annual Convention, 2011); “Collection Law in Indiana,” (Continuing Legal Education seminar); “Annual Bankruptcy Institute” (Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009); and Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Author: “Classification of Student Loans,” Consumer Bankruptcy News; “Joint Administration and Consolidation,” Consumer Bankruptcy News; “Successful Defenses for Assets Acquired Under FDIC Purchase and Assumption Transactions” Hoosier Banker, 2010.
Appointments / Memberships
Member: Indianapolis Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section (chairman, 2009); Indiana State Bar Association; Indiana Association for Corporate Renewal; Parish School Commission (2012-2015)