Tim DeLaney is a partner with Bose McKinney & Evans and is a member of the White-Collar Crime and Litigation Groups. Tim focuses his practice on white-collar criminal defense, compliance and internal investigations, as well as complex litigation.
Prior to joining Bose McKinney & Evans, Tim worked as a grand jury deputy prosecutor in the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office in Indianapolis. While serving as a prosecuting attorney in the white-collar unit, Tim was responsible for managing investigation and prosecution of complex white-collar criminal matters, including public corruption, insurance and healthcare fraud, opioid over-prescribing, securities fraud, embezzlement and other scams. In that role, he coordinated teams of investigators among multiple agencies and jurisdictions to detect, track and prosecute commercial frauds from initial referral to sentencing.
Tim represents clients facing a range of criminal charges from misdemeanors to complex felonies, as well as clients facing investigations, civil investigative demands, subpoenas and government scrutiny.
Tim received his bachelor’s degree in political science and Near Eastern languages and cultures – Arabic from Indiana University and his J.D. from Indiana University Maurer School of Law.
Indiana University Maurer School of Law (J.D., 2006)
Indiana University (B.A., political science; Near Eastern languages and cultures – Arabic, 2003)
Honors / Awards
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation Distinguished Life Fellow
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation Distinguished Fellow
Appearances / Publications
- The Prosecution of Dr. Donald Cline
- “The Fertility Doctor’s Secret” (The Atlantic, April 2019)
- Sick Podcast Season 1 (WFYI, 2019)
- “Landmark Forfeiture Ruling Presents Creditors with New Uncertainties” (Hoosier Banker, March/April 2019)
- “How to Help Avoid Fraud, Corruption, and Embezzlement Issues in Schools,” 70th Annual Indiana School Boards Association and Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents Annual Fall Conference, 2019
- AIM Ideas Summit “How to Prevent Public Corruption , Bribery and Embezzlement”
Appointments / Memberships
- American Inns of Court (former barrister)
- Exodus Refugee & Immigration Service (former director)