Gregory W. Guevara
Greg Guevara is a partner in the Labor and Employment Group at Bose McKinney & Evans. As a highly responsive business advisor and employment litigator, Mr. Guevara helps his clients by understanding their objectives and offering practical legal advice tailored to their unique situations and desired outcomes. He provides aggressive and ethical advocacy to a broad range of clients, including privately held businesses, non-profit organizations, and national companies, as well as executives, physicians, and other professionals.
He concentrates his practice on labor and employment law and litigation, including:
- Non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Emergency injunctions
- Defense of discrimination/EEO claims
- Wage/hour compliance and litigation
- Disability/reasonable accommodation
- FMLA/leaves of absence
- Sexual harassment and workplace investigations
- Severance and executive employment agreements
- Personnel policies/employee handbooks
- Union avoidance, unfair labor practices and collective bargaining
Mr. Guevara practices in the federal and state courts in Indiana and Ohio, federal and state agencies (EEOC, NLRB, ICRC, IOSHA, etc.), and other jurisdictions as needed.
He began his law career with Bose McKinney & Evans then practiced with the Columbus, Ohio office of Jones Day. Before returning to BME in August 2006, he spent seven years working as an executive for Reliant (formerly GCM), an international Christian mission organization based in Orlando, Florida. His experience in private practice, board governance and non-profit management gives him the ability to provide practical guidance and sound management advice to businesses dealing with a full range of employment-related issues.
University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1992)
University of Michigan (B.A. with high honors and high distinction in political science, 1989); Member, Phi Beta Kappa
Honors / Awards
Best Lawyers® 2020 Indianapolis Litigation – Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year; The Best Lawyers in America® 2011-2020; Chambers USA 2010-2019 (Labor and Employment-Indiana); Indiana Super Lawyers® 2013-2017 (Employment and Labor Law); Indiana Super Lawyers® 2019 (Employment Litigation: Defense)
- Successfully defended three-year, multi-city union organizing campaign by national service employees union against Indianapolis-based commercial cleaning contractor (featured in The Devil at Our Doorstep, by David A. Bego).
- Won $3.5 million judgment on breach of contract claim on behalf of regional orthopedic device distributor.
- Secured seven-figure judgment against former CEO of credit union for fraud on a financial institution.
- Obtained preliminary injunction and six-figure monetary recovery against former employees of regional company who left to work for competitor in violation of their non-compete agreements.
- Secured permanent injunction against former account executive of national automotive manufacturing distributor for breach of non-compete agreement.
- Won non-compete/trade secret case against key employee for theft and competitive use of critical business information.
- Won preliminary injunction hearing in non-compete case on behalf of former executive of national company sued for breach of contract and unfair competition.
- Successfully defended injunction lawsuit seeking to shut down former franchisee of national home-based senior care franchise.
- Successfully opposed motion for conditional certification in FLSA collective action lawsuit filed by seven former employees of regional financial services company.
- Won summary judgment in class action wage claim under Indiana law.
- Prevailed in collective bargaining negotiations resulting in union abandoning the bargaining unit.
- Represented Indianapolis-area church in multi-fatality bus crash incident.
- Prevailed in multiple federal and state discrimination lawsuits through summary judgment.
- Represented multiple employers in defense of wage/hour audits by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Secured dismissal of unfair labor practice case involving alleged unlawful refusal to hire 16 union “salts.”
Appearances / Publications
Appointments / Memberships
Chairman, GCC Foundation (2017-present)
Elder and Chairman of Governing Board, Grace Church (2011-2015)
Chairman and Director, Reliant (formerly Great Commission Ministries), Orlando, Florida (2007-2014)
Director, Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic, Indianapolis, Indiana (2009-2010)
Advisory Board Member, Safe Families of Indiana, Indianapolis, Indiana (2007-2008)