Jeffrey R. Gaither
Jeff Gaither is the managing partner of Bose McKinney & Evans and a partner in the Litigation Group, representing clients in complex commercial litigation, appeals and arbitrations. His trial experience includes class actions, shareholder derivative suits, and individual actions in state and federal courts. Mr. Gaither has represented clients in a variety of liability matters, including trade secrets, business torts, unfair competition, corporate contracts, securities litigation, fraud and RICO matters, false advertising, franchise and distributor matters, and minority shareholder and fiduciary duty claims. He is a frequent speaker on business litigation and related topics.
Indianapolis Mayor Joseph Hogsett appointed Mr. Gaither to the Indianapolis Airport Authority Board in 2017. In addition, he is chairman of the Board of Directors of the Greater Indianapolis Foreign Trade Zone. Also a member of the Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee (GIPC) Board of Directors, Mr. Gaither was elected chair of the Executive Committee of GIPC for 2016 and 2017. Founded in 1965, GIPC is a private, non-profit and non-partisan organization focused on strengthening Indianapolis through strategic community initiatives.
Mr. Gaither is admitted to practice law in Indiana, the U.S. District Court, Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Indianapolis (J.D., cum laude, 1983)
Indiana University, (B.S., public affairs, 1980)
Honors / Awards
Included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2008-2019; Indiana Super Lawyers® 2011-2019 (Business Litigation); AV® Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell; Indiana Law Review staff (Indiana University School of Law)
- Served as acquisition group’s lead counsel in fraud and breach of contract litigation concerning $23 million in losses incurred in corporate acquisition.
- Served as national lead defense counsel coordinating the defense of $450 million securities fraud and contract claims involving over 50 separate actions and class actions.
- Served as officer and directors’ lead defense counsel in national securities fraud class action involving the sale of $150 million in debentures.
- Served as lead defense counsel for officers, directors and general counsel in corporate mismanagement and fiduciary duty litigation.
- Served as officer and directors’ lead defense counsel in shareholders’ derivative suit for violation of banking regulations and insider loan regulations.
- Served as lead defense counsel in federal racketeering litigation concerning thoroughbred race horse syndications.
- Served as plaintiffs’ lead class counsel in $53 million securities fraud litigation.
Appointments / Memberships
Member: Indianapolis Airport Authority Board; Board of Directors of the Greater Indianapolis Foreign Trade Zone (chair); Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee (chair of the Executive Committee, 2016, 2017)