Mike Schneider is a partner and a member of the firm’s Business Services Group and practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, business organizations, corporate finance, recapitalizations and reorganizations, business transactions, securities, tax, hospitality and business succession planning. Mike has represented numerous clients in structuring, negotiating, and closing the acquisition and sale of businesses. He represents clients in various industries, including the manufacturing, distribution, wine and spirits, and constructions industries. Mike is particularly interested in assisting entrepreneurs in the organization and development of their business ventures and has extensive experience in structuring and forming new business entities, including complex limited liability companies.
Indiana University Maurer School of Law – Bloomington (J.D., 1977)
Indiana University (B.S. in finance, with highest distinction, 1974)
Honors / Awards
The Best Lawyers in America® 2009-2023; Indiana Super Lawyers® 2006-2020; AV® Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell; Beta Gamma Sigma (scholastic honorary); Phi Eta Sigma (scholastic honorary); Indiana University School of Business Senior Scholastic Award; Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Represented large Indiana wholesaler of wine and spirits in connection with numerous asset and stock acquisitions of other wine and spirits wholesalers in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan.
- Represented wine wholesaler in connection with the acquisition of all of the outstanding stock of a Michigan wine wholesaler in an IRC Section 338(h)(10) transaction.
- Represented bottled water company in connection with the sale of all of its assets to The Perrier Group of America, Inc.
- Represented Indiana-based manufacturer of specialty metal products in connection with the sale of all of its outstanding stock to CMW Acquisitions, Inc.
- Represented large Indiana-based electrical contracting firm in connection with the sale of all of its outstanding stock to a Texas-based publicly traded company for cash and restricted stock.
- Represented Indiana-based wood office furniture manufacturing company in connection with the acquisition of another wood office furniture manufacturing company through a forward triangular merger (including the Regulation A filing and obtaining an IRS Private Letter Ruling).
- Represented engineering and computerized mapping business in connection with sale of all of its outstanding stock to a Colorado-based publicly traded company for cash and restricted stock in an IRC Section 338(h)(10) transaction.
- Represented printing company in connection with the sale of all of its outstanding stock to a Tennessee-based publicly traded company.
- Represented company in connection with the acquisition of assets of an insolvent printing company from the Bankruptcy Trustee.
- Represented Illinois beer wholesaler in connection with the sale of substantially all of its beer distribution rights in numerous transactions.
- Represented Indiana-based investment firm in connection with the organization of and registration as a securities broker-dealer, investment advisor, futures commission merchant, commodity trading advisor and commodity pool operator.
- Represented Indiana-based investment firm in connection with the organization of two commodity trading pools.
- Represented Indiana-based computer software developer in connection with a Regulation D securities offering.
- Represented wine and spirits wholesaler in connection with joint venture organized to distribute wine and spirits in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Represented numerous clients in connection with senior, subordinated and mezzanine debt financings and other loan transactions.
- Represented numerous closely held businesses in connection with buy-sell agreements, complex shareholder agreements, minority shareholder disputes, recapitalizations and business succession matters.
- Represented Chicago-based rectifier of spirits products in connection with the sale of its product brands and trademarks to a Maine-based rectifier of alcoholic beverages.
- Represented numerous clients in connection with the establishment of phantom stock plans and other equity participation plans.
- Represented numerous clients with the organization of corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships.
Appointments / Memberships
Member: Former member of Indianapolis (Business Law Section; former member of Executive Counsel) and Indiana State (Business Law Section) Bar Associations; Venture Club of Indiana; Community Organizations Legal Assistance Project, Inc. (COLAP), (former member of board of directors)