Roberts E. Inveiss
Rob Inveiss is a partner, chair of the Business Services Group and a member of the firm’s Partner Compensation and Executive Committees. He concentrates his practice in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, licensing, distribution and other business agreements, business formation, protection of intellectual property assets, and general corporate matters. He counsels business clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, food processing, publishing, social media, technology and life sciences. He also represents clients in negotiating and structuring investments in emerging and growth businesses. He is an active member in the Indianapolis Latvian community, speaks fluent Latvian and enjoys traveling to Latvia.
University of Michigan (J.D., 1986)
University of Wisconsin (B.A., with distinction, 1983)
Honors / Awards
The Best Lawyers in America® 2007-2021; Best Lawyers’® 2013 Corporate Lawyer of the Year; Indiana Super Lawyers® 2005-2019 (Mergers & Acquisitions); Chambers USA 2012-2014, 2016-2020 (Corporate/M&A-Indiana); United Way of Central Indiana Ardath Burkhart Series participant; contributing editor: University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform
• Represented the sellers of a social media company in a transaction valued at $500 million and in subsequent refinancings of seller debt arising from that transaction.
• Represented a food industry market leader in establishing a joint venture in China and in other international transactions.
• Represented a publishing company in its sale to a private equity firm.
• Continued to represent such publishing company following such sale in a series of add-on acquisitions of competitors.
• Represented a life sciences firm in the sale of a majority stake to a private equity firm, with the selling stockholder retaining a significant minority position.
• Represented food companies in negotiating several agreements with customers for supply of products and related expansions of facilities requiring additional bank financing.
• Represented food companies in acquiring other food companies in the U.S. and Canada and represented a food company in its sale to a private equity firm.
• Represented a custom manufacturing firm in the metals industry in a sale to a private equity firm.
• Assisted in forming and organizing a small business investment company and represented the SBIC in all subsequent investments and exits.
• Represented emerging companies in securing venture capital and debt financing.
• Assisted in resolving disputes between buyers and sellers arising from purchase price adjustment provisions and indemnification claims.
Appointments / Memberships
Member: American Bar Association; Indianapolis (Business and International Law Sections) and Indiana State (Business Law Section) Bar Associations; Indiana Bar Foundation; Economic Club of Indiana; Indianapolis Latvian School (principal, 2004 – 2011); Latvian Song Festival, Inc. (general counsel and Executive Committee member); Pleasant Run Children’s Home (Board of Directors, 1994 – 1996)