Ronald J. Ehinger is a partner at Bose McKinney & Evans LLP, practicing from the firm’s Fort Wayne, Indiana office. He focuses his practice in the areas of business and commercial law, including business acquisitions and dispositions, contracts, commercial transactions and real estate. Ron’s practice also includes intellectual property law with a concentration on trademarks, trade secrets and licenses.
Ron holds a B.S. in business administration, with high honors, from Tri-State University and a J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame. While in law school, he served on The Notre Dame Law Review. Ron is admitted to practice in Indiana, Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
University of Notre Dame School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1982)
Tri-State University (B.A., with high honors, 1979)
Honors / Awards
Best Lawyers® 2019 Fort Wayne Corporate Lawyer of the Year; The Best Lawyers in America® 2016-2022
- Represented and continues to represent a private equity group in connection with its acquisitions and dispositions of portfolio companies and related financings.
- Represented a metals business in connection with its start-up and continues to provide general representation.
- Provides general representation, including trademark prosecution, licensing and protection, for Indiana and Ohio based manufacturing and consumer product companies.
- Regularly drafts, reviews, revises and/or negotiates commercial contracts for business clients.
- Provides legal review of investments in hedge funds, new ventures and other investment alternatives for insurance companies, foundations and private individuals.
- Represented a mutual insurance company in its private placement of a surplus note.
- Represented the investor in connection with a Private Investment in Public Entity (PIPE) transaction.
- Represented the investors in connection with the financing of several independent feature films.
Appointments / Memberships
American Bar Association (Business Law, Real Property and Intellectual Property Law sections); Indiana State Bar Association; Ohio State Bar Association; Allen County Bar Association; Board of Trustees of Paulding Putman Electric Cooperative (2010-2013)