Bose McKinney & Evans’ insurance attorneys have significant experience advising clients in the complex and nuanced world of reinsurance. Our attorneys have represented life, health, property and casualty, and surplus lines insurers and reinsurers, and have represented both ceding companies and reinsurers.
Particularly, our attorneys have experience:
- Representing a foreign reinsurer in an ARIAS arbitration concerning a finite stop-loss agreement
- Representing a foreign reinsurer in a series of cases in South Texas concerning a failed workers compensation coverage scheme
- Representing a domestic insurer in successive ARIAS arbitrations concerning “impaired risk” life insurance policies
- Representing a domestic reinsurer in an ARIAS arbitration concerning automatic premium adjustment
- Representing a domestic reinsurer in an ARIAS arbitration and related state court insurer receivership proceedings concerning the validity of certain policy “transfers” under U.K. law
- Advising a domestic insurer regarding reinsurance, merger, and domestication/redomestication transactions