Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
Top Ranked in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and in Bankruptcy Litigation by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
The practice of the firm’s Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights Group covers the entire state of Indiana, as well as bankruptcy proceedings on a national basis. Our services encompass workout negotiations, loan documentation, regulation compliance audits, bankruptcy reorganization proceedings and lender liability issues. We have extensive experience in real estate mortgage foreclosures, equipment repossession actions and commercial financing.
Our bankruptcy and creditors’ rights services include the following:
- Representing individuals and businesses with cash flow liquidity problems
- Representing secured and unsecured creditors and committees in bankruptcy, foreclosure and collection proceedings
- Representing business owners and creditors in negotiated debt restructurings and reorganization proceedings
- Conducting document review and compliance audits for lending transactions
- Preparing loan documentation for restructured loans
- Reviewing environmental issues related to loan transactions and counseling lenders
- Assisting management in reviewing operating procedures to enhance cash flow and negotiating credit terms with vendors
- Negotiating payment arrangements for liabilities to taxing authorities
- Litigating tax disputes
- Helping management in the employment of business crises managers
- Assisting in employee theft and embezzlement investigations, required reporting and restitution strategies
- Assisting in the employment of appraisers, liquidators and other experts to determine the value of collateral and the most advantageous way to liquidate collateral