Economic Development and Incentives
For organizations contemplating expansion or relocation, the availability of the perfect site and the right incentives may provide the fuel to power those plans. Bose McKinney & Evans has a team of attorneys with experience in government, corporate, environmental, labor and employment, bonds and public finance, real estate, utilities and tax law, who can assist with developing a comprehensive strategy for site selection, financing, and identifying, applying and negotiating for economic development and workforce development incentives.
In addition, the attorneys collaborate with professionals at our affiliate, Bose Public Affairs Group LLC (BPAG), Indiana’s largest public affairs firm. Our professionals have drafted economic development legislation, provided testimony in support of such legislation and worked with legislative committees to enable its passage. Our team members include two former Indiana Secretaries of Commerce who understand the nuances of local and state incentive programs and have an in-depth knowledge of the overall process.
Representative programs in which we can assist clients include the following:
• Bond financing
• Community Revitalization Enhancement District Tax Credit (CReED)
• EB-5 visa programs
• Economic Development for a Growing Economy (EDGE) payroll tax credit
• Environmental due diligence on real estate and the Compliance Technical Assistance Program (CTAP)
• Expansion opportunities
• Hoosier Business Investment Tax Credit (HBI)
• Headquarters Relocation Tax Credit (HQRTC)
• Indiana Finance Authority Loan Guaranty Program
• Industrial Development Grant Funds (IDGF)
• Industrial Recover Tax Credit (a.k.a. DINO tax credit)
• Local job training grants
• Patent Income Tax Exemption
• Permits and approvals
• Personal property credits
• Project grants
• Real estate development and construction
• Real property tax abatement
• Research and development incentives
• Site selection
• Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs and funding
• State income tax credits
• Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
• Urban Enterprise Zones
• Utility rate negotiations
• Venture Capital Investment Tax Credit (VCI)
• Workforce training assistance/Skills Enhancement Fund (SEF)
In addition, we can handle the necessary documentation and reporting requirements for on-going compliance with the negotiated terms.
Our attorneys and BPAG professionals foster relationships within key state agencies, local municipalities, county development boards, regional partnerships, economic development associations and port authorities to understand the incentive options available, determine the best opportunities and arrive at competitive incentive packages to produce win-win scenarios for all parties involved. In short, our holistic view of the economic development can be a powerful resource to facilitate growth.