Top Ranked in Appellate Practice by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
Our attorneys understand the substantial financial expense, professional risk and personal toll of appealing a case. We recognize the risks and frustrations of continued litigation and will assist clients with making the difficult choices. At Bose McKinney & Evans, we focus on the individual needs of the client.
Appellate law is distinct from trial or administrative litigation. Arguing a case to a panel of judges or justices who are scholars of the law differs significantly from arguing to a lay jury, a single judge or an administrative body.
Our attorneys have appeared as counsel in hundreds of appellate opinions from the United States Supreme Court to the United States Courts of Appeals, from the Indiana Supreme Court to the Indiana Court of Appeals.
Some of the appellate services we provide include:
- Lead counsel for appeals
- Consultation on appeals
- Post-trial proceedings
- Interlocutory appeals
- Emergency stays on interlocutory orders or final judgments
- Appellate meditations
- Amicus curiae representations
- Original actions for writs of mandamus or prohibition
- Discretionary and direct transfer to Indiana Supreme Court
- Petitions and Oppositions to Writs of Certiorari in U.S. Supreme Court
- Merits and amicus curiae representation in U.S. Supreme Court
- Oral arguments including mooting
Some of our lawyers work exclusively on appellate matters in general legal areas and others bridge into specific areas such as attorney discipline, banking, insurance, intellectual property, labor and employment, medical malpractice, land use and property. No matter what your appellate needs, Bose has the appellate lawyer for the job.
View and follow the Bose Appellate Law Blog.