For companies contemplating expansion, consolidation or relocation, developing a location strategy that identifies the perfect site with the right economic incentives may provide the fuel to power those plans. The Bose McKinney & Evans Site Selection and Economic Incentives Group offers a truly collaborative approach to site selection by partnering with state and local economic development teams around the country, which allows our clients to make the most informed decision possible when it comes to siting their project. Our national economic incentives team has negotiated over $2.5 billion in incentives in the last few years and is actively managing billions of dollars in projects for clients headquartered around the globe. Are you next? If so, you can expect:
- A team that works with you to gain a comprehensive understanding of your company, the project size and scope and geographic preferences.
- Creation of an RFP based on your needs and send to identified markets with a clear outline of deadlines and milestones.
- Analysis of responses, providing you with an organized summary.
- Identification of the most competitive states/sites.
- Organized site visits as an opportunity to meet with potential state/local/community partners.
- A thorough understanding of the options and determination of the “winning” site. We communicate with the winning site, and we debrief with the sites not selected.
- Ongoing compliance work to ensure you are maximizing the incentives you earn each year.
For many projects, our attorneys collaborate with professionals at our public affairs affiliate, Bose Public Affairs Group (BPAG). BPAG professionals have drafted economic development legislation, provided testimony in support of such legislation and worked with legislative committees to enable its passage. Our team members include two former state Secretaries of Commerce who understand the nuances of local and state incentive programs and have an in-depth knowledge of the overall process. Additionally, our team includes a former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Commerce, who spearheaded the department’s policy efforts to attract, maintain and grow semiconductor investments, while working with Congress on the successful passage of the CHIPS Act.
Our team is ready to assist clients with the following:
- All forms of state and local economic incentives
- Federal CHIPS Act incentives and application assistance
- Real estate development and construction
- Real property tax abatement
- Research and development incentives
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Utility rate negotiations
- Venture capital incentives
- Workforce training assistance
- Bond financing
- EB-5 visa programs
- Payroll tax credits
- Environmental due diligence on real estate
- Capital Investment tax credits
- Federal economic development programs
- Local job training grants
- Permits and approvals
Our attorneys and BPAG professionals foster relationships within key federal and state agencies, local municipalities, county development boards, regional partnerships, economic development associations, utility companies and port authorities to understand the incentive options available, determine the best opportunities and arrive at competitive incentive packages to produce win-win scenarios for all parties involved. In short, our holistic view of economic development can be a powerful resource to facilitate growth.