Top Ranked in Tax Law and Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®.
There are three things certain: death, taxes and the fact that just when you think you have a strategic plan to handle tax issues, new legislation, regulations or interpretations change the rules. Our Tax Group can help. We assist our clients to comply with existing regulations but also to keep abreast of proposed changes and we recommend proactive steps to avoid significant tax consequences that could be detrimental to clients’ businesses or personal situations.
Our experience includes
- Helping clients in structuring and operating businesses, including choice of entity among corporations, partnerships and limited companies
- Assisting clients in buying and selling, and reorganizing businesses
- Counseling clients in forming and operating tax-exempt organizations (including private foundations)
- Structuring innovative compensation and benefit plans and alternatives
- Counseling on the tax repercussions of business transactions
- Advising on the planning and use of ESOPs
- Resolving disputes with taxing authorities, including litigating in tax court or other federal and state courts if necessary
- Advising on state and local taxation matters, including sales and use, franchise, real and personal property, and state and local corporate and personal income taxes
- Recommending options and resolving disputes regarding real and personal property tax issues
- Recognizing tax implications of cross border transactions and other international tax law issues
- Assisting in structuring tax-saving estate plans
- Handling tax-oriented financing and tax-exempt bonds